Today we have a guest post from the super awesome Alyssa over at Frugal Polish!
Hello Lena Loves Nails fans!
My name is Alyssa and I'm from Frugal Polish. Come take a look at my blog if you haven't already! I'm super excited to be here doing this guest post. I wanted to try something totally new, and when I was scrolling through my blog feed I discovered the Saran Wrap mani! It is a super interesting concept!
- Precut and ball up five to six pieces of saran wrap individually into little balls.
- Paint your nail with a base coat
- Paint a base color on your nails
- Wait till the polish is COMPLETELY dry. If you don't, it will not work.
- Paint a thin coat of the secondary color on your nails.
- While this coat is still wet, take the balled up saran wrap and press on to your nails for about 2 seconds. Note: Do not press to hard! A light touch is all you need.
- Then, take it off. The polish should have a marbled effect.
- Apply your favorite topcoat and Voila! You have a Saran Wrap mani!
For my design, I first applied a coat of Sinful Colors Black on Black. I love this because it is a perfect one coat black! I then applied Finger Paints – Blue Raspberry Taffy and did the Saran Wrap effect. Overall, I'm pretty much in love with this mani! I love the soft water marble effect, and it is almost like a Crackle but not quite. It would be fun to try this with multiple colors too!
|Outside In Sun|
|Inside with Macro|
|Inside without flash|
Wow those look great Alyssa! Thank you so much for sharing with all of us!
As always, thanks for stopping by :)